Back pain? Often, we neglect our posture when we work from home. Did you know that you can ease back pain with essential oils?
Here are 7 simple tips to prevent back pain:
- A massage with essential oils! There are different essential oils that can be used in massage. Please note that not just any oils can be used; you have to always dilute your essential oils in a carrier oil. Find below our selection of oils to use for your massage!
- Remember to stretch each day.
- Movement is necessary, do regular physical activity or walk at least 30 minutes a day.
- Take breaks, clear your mind.
- Do yoga, there are different postures to relieve your back pain.
- Create a dedicated workspace.
- Turmeric can also become your ally in case of pain! Thanks to the presence of curcumin, turmeric is recognized for its analgesic properties. Read more about the benefits of curcumin.
Which oils to use? Find our selection of essential oils for an amazing massage!
Peppermint is a refreshing and invigorating oil that contains analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Tarragon is an antispasmodic, but also an antiviral and anti-allergic.
Lavender, essential in the aromatherapy world, it has excellent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties for back pain.
Lemon eucalyptus is a warming and soothing oil that contains strong anti-inflammatory properties. It can also be useful to relieve aches and muscles.
Roman chamomile is a soothing oil; it is reputed to help fight against stress, insomnia, but also to help relieve tension.
You can find our “back” program on the SelfCare1 app. There are several combinations of different essential oils for this program, adapting to your needs, your contraindications and the oils you have! You just have to massage your mixture on the area where you are experiencing the pain. Follow our advice on the app. If the problem persists, be sure to contact your doctor.
Find our SELFCARE1 oils in our e-shop or on Amazon.
The SELFCARE1 app is available for free on the App Store & Google Play Store.
Bibliographic references (in french) & sources:
Aromathérapie, Dominique Baudoux, Dunod, 2017
Le grand guide des huiles essentielles, Dr Fabienne Millet, Marabout 2015
Aromathérapie : tout sur les huiles essentielles, Isabelle Pacchioni, Aroma Thera, 2015